These office hours are a great way for beginning and experienced researchers to share knowledge about how to use different tools, or to turn an idea into a solid project. We’ll also share current and completed projects, as well as our experiences with many different facets of the DH world. There will also be informal talk sessions with visiting digital scholars. This is a great opportunity to meet other students and faculty who are interested in DH and see what they’re up to. Participants include members of the NULab for Texts, Maps and Networks, staff members from the Digital Scholarship Group, faculty, librarians, graduate students, and more!
Past topics have included…
- Data Visualization
- Text Mining
- Social Media
- Copyright and Open Access
- Text Analysis
DH Open Office Hours will be held weekly on Wednesdays from 12:00 – 1:00 PM in the Digital Scholarship Commons Media Lounge. The most up-to-date information will always be available at the DSG event page.
These sessions are meant to be fun and conversational. We’ll have guided topics and questions, but the questions and topics brought in by attendees are always our priority.
Digital Humanities Resources and Tools
- Debates in the Digital Humanities
- Digital Humanities Quarterly
- Digital Research Tools Directory
- DH Tool Beginner Tutorial Guides
- Digital Humanities Now
- Upcoming events in DH at Northeastern can be found at our events page.
- Events may also be hosted by the NULab for Texts, Maps, and Networks. For more information on those, see their event page.
Here is the current schedule for the Fall semester, with more sessions to be announced at a later date:
- September 13: Welcome to the DSG and DH at Northeastern
- September 20: Workshop Design, presented by Syd Bauman, Sarah Connell, Julia Flanders, Amanda Rust
- October 4: Archives at Northeastern, presented by Giordana Mecagni
- October 18: ESRI Tools, presented by Bahare Sanaie-Movahed
- October 25: Word vectors interface, presented by the Women Writers Project
- November 1: Day of DH, presented by Jim McGrath
- November 8: Presentation/feedback on current DH Certificate Projects
- November 15: GIS Day events, led by Bahare Sanaie-Movahed
- To learn more about the different projects in digital scholarship at Northeastern, check out our projects page.
DH Grants Information
- To learn more about the ways the DSG supports grant writing for digital scholarship projects, see our grant writing support page.