Since 2012, the Center for Research Innovation has hosted the Research, Innovation and Scholarship Expo (RISE), an annual exhibition for students and faculty to present their research to the Northeastern community and “industry leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, and technology enthusiasts“. Each year RISE participants create nearly 400 posters to describe research activity at Northeastern covering a diverse range of disciplines, including computer and information science, engineering and technology, health sciences, humanities and arts, social science, as well as interdisciplinary topics. Here are just a few examples of the 1,486 posters exhibited at RISE since 2014:
Computer and Information Science:
- ~Cupid Kerfuffle: Examining Online Dating Culture via Gameplay.
- ~Social Network Processes in Collaborative Decision-Making
Engineering and technology:
- ~Storm Water Remediation in the Realm of Urban Planning
- ~The Farm Arm: Prosthetic Adapter for Agricultural Machinery.
- ~Accuracy of Hospitalized Patients’ Height and Weight Documentation and Impact on Drug Dosing
- ~African Beauty
Humanities and the arts:
- ~Accessible Archives: Studying and Digitizing Northeastern’s Only Medieval Manuscript.
- ~Digital Empathy: Exploring Clinical Depression through Interactive Media
- ~Boston Before Busing: A Multimedia Exhibition Exploring Education Civil Rights in Boston from 1960-1974.
- ~The Plight of Assimilation: The Case of Somali Refugee Youth Integration.
- ~Spaceship Launch: Designing a Digital Exergame to Scaffold Physical Activity Literacy in Low-Income Families.
- ~Automating the Analysis of Connectivity in the Learning Brain
These and many other posters from RISE:2014, RISE:2015, RISE:2016, and RISE:2017 are currently available in the Digital Repository Service. RISE:2018 will be held on April 5 in in the Cabot Physical Education Center.